|History of MSPU|
There were three Departments:
1956 — The Teacher Institute became Murmansk State Pedagogical Institute with two faculties: the Faculty of History and Philology and the Faculty of Physics and Mathematics.
1961 — The Student Scientific Society was organized.
1989 — The Faculty of Pre-School Education was established.
1980s — Educational TV started its work at MSPI.
International cooperation began to develop actively.
1990s — The History Museum of the Public Education in the Kola North was founded at MSPI.
— The Publishing House was established. The journal "MSPI Barents-Center Bulletin" and the student newspaper "MSPI Planet" started to be published.
1994 — The Faculty of Foreign Languages was established (reorganized in 2007).
1998 — The Faculty of Natural Sciences was established.
2002 — Murmansk State Pedagogical Institute became Murmansk State Pedagogical University.
2002 — The Faculty of Special Pedagogy and Psychology was established.
2004 — The Faculty of Applied Mathematics, Programming and Economics was established.
2004 — Student Voluntary Rescue Team was organized.
2006 — The UNESCO Department "Intercultural Communication in the European North" was founded at MSPU.
2006 — The Faculty of Pre-School Education was renamed The Faculty of Pedagogy and Psychology.
2007 — The Faculty of History and Philology became the Faculty of Humanities.
2007 — The Faculty of Philology and Journalism was established.
2009 — The Faculty of Technology and Design and the Faculty of Culture and Arts merged into the Faculty of Art Education, Technology and Design.
November 2009 — Murmansk State Pedagogical University celebrated its 70th Anniversary.
September 2010 — Murmansk State Pedagogical University was reorganized into Murmansk State Humanities University.